Connect with us

News

Supreme Court directed Centre to Seize Dawood properties

Dawood 1

New Delhi:

The Supreme Court on Friday asked the Central government to seize underworld don Dawood Ibrahim’s properties in Mumbai. The court bench dismissed the petition filed by Dawood family members against the attachment of his properties in Mumbai.

The Supreme Court bench headed by Justice R K Agrawal. A bench of Justices R K Agrawal and AM Sapre rejected the petition and said the properties belonged to Dawood Ibrahim. The petition filed by his mother Amina Bi and sister Hasina (both dead now) against the attachment of their residential properties in Mumbai.

In 1988 the government had taken over the properties under the provision of the law Smugglers And Foreign Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture Of Property) Act (SAFEMA). Don mother and his sister approached Delhi High Court and filed a petition to challenge the order of seizing their properties under the Act of SAFEMA.

The government had given many opportunities to  Amina Kaskar and Haseena Parkar to submit the legal documents of the properties. But they failed to provide any legal document to prove that they acquired the properties legally. So the court dismissed their petition.

Actually, seven properties registered under the names of Amina and Haseena. Among the seven properties two properties on the name of mother. The rest of five properties registered on the name of his sister. They acquired these worth crore rupee properties through Dawood.

Dawood Properties auctioned:

Last year in November the ministry of finance sold three don properties in South Mum during the Public Auction. The three properties auctioned for Rs 11.58 crore. The ministry of finance auctioned Dawood Ibrahim properties under the act of SAFEMA. The 3 properties are six flats in Dambarwala building, Hotel Raunaq Afroz on 33 Pakmodia Stree. The third property is Shabnam Guest House.

Dawood has been the main offender in the Mumbai serial blasts that led to the death of 257 people in 1993. Currently, Dawood Ibrahim is in abscond. It is believed that currently, he has been hiding in Pakistan. So Many times India is saying don is hiding in Pakistan. But Pakistan is not agreeing to that.

Continue Reading
Comments

News

Sushmita Sen recalls a incident of 15 year old boy Misbehaving with her

Sushmita Sen

Mumbai:

Former Miss Universe and Bollywood actress Sushmita Sen has shared a shocking experience that a 15-year-old boy misbehaved with her at an award ceremony. This incident of being harassed by a teenager happened to her a six months ago. Sushmita Sen have may not done many Bollywood films, But she has been always in the limelight through Instagram. She said about this incident when she was asked to comment on the women safety in the country.

When Sushmita addressing a press conference she said “So many time people think that we don’t come across with the things like misbehaviour because we have bodyguards around. But let me tell we as women in the public eye even with 10 bodyguards around are dealing with hundreds of men who have often managed to misbehave with us”. Six months ago when I was at an award function a fifteen-year-old boy misbehaved with me and he thought that I would not realize it because of the crowd. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up. I was so shocked he was so young he was a just 15-year-old boy,

She said “I held him by his neck and took him for a walk and I told him if I make a hue and cry, his life would be over. First, he denied that having misbehaving with me. But I seriously told him to acknowledge. I did not take any action against him because he was just a 15-year-old boy. I understood he has not been taught this kind of things are not entertainment.

Sushmita reminisces her Miss Universe title:

Its been 24 years since Sushmita won the Miss Universe title for the first time from India. She wrote on Instagram “I was 18-years-old when India won Miss Universe for the very first time on May 21, 1994. I am 42 now, still a ‘miss’ with a ‘universe’ inside me. Nothing has changed except the years.”

Continue Reading

News

Yeddyurappa resigns as Karnataka CM before facing trust vote

Yeddyurappa

Bengaluru:

The three-day-old B.S. Yeddyurappa resigned as Karnataka chief minister on Saturday before facing a crucial trust vote in the assembly. B.S. Yeddyurappa resignation opened the door for the Congress and JDS to form the government in Karnataka.  Yeddyurappa gave his emotional speech on the floor of the House before he quits as Karnataka Chief Minister. Though the BJP has won the 104 seats in the recent election it has failed to form the government in Karnataka as it requires 8 more seats to get the majority. After his emotional speech, Yeddyurappa walked away from the assembly while the national anthem was being played.

“I am going to resign as chief minister… I will go to Raj Bhavan and submit my resignation, said Yeddyurappa in his emotional speech. Till my last breath of life I will work for the people, he said. BJP has failed in getting the support of Congress and JDS MLAs to form the government.

The Supreme court has ordered on Friday that a floor test in the Karnataka assembly at 4 pm today. The Supreme court has also ordered the total proceeding to be live telecasted on local Tv channels.

Congress and JDS accused BJP of trying to buy their MLAs to form the government in Karnataka. Congress and JDS have shifted their MLAs to Hyderabad on Friday as that BJP was trying to buy their MLAs and trying to prevent them from voting. The MLAs have returned to Bengaluru on Saturday morning. The Congress has already released an audio tape that showed Yeddyurappa and other BJP leaders purportedly influencing the Congress MLAs.

Rahul Gandhi response:

In India power is not everything. Money is not everything. Corruption is not everything. In India the will of people everything. He thanked the people of Karnataka, Rahul said at the press conference.

 

Continue Reading

News

BJP’s Yeddyurappa takes oath as a CM of Karnataka

BJP - Yeddyurappa

KARNATAKA:

BJP’s BS Yeddyurappa took oath as the Karnataka chief minister on Thursday morning. He took oath as the 23rd Chief Minister of the state Karnataka. This comes after the Supreme court refused the plea by the Congress and Janata Dal (Secular) to stop the ceremony. The Supreme court has said the petition will be heard on Friday. The Supreme court took the hearing late on Wednesday night. This comes after the Congress and ally JD(S) challenged Governor Vajubhai Vala’s decision to invite the BJP to form the government in the state. But the formation of government in the state would be “subject to the outcome of the case”. Within hours after becoming a Chief Minister Mr Yeddyurappa has ordered the transfer of four IPS officers and one IAS officer.

Congress filed a petition against governor Vala’s decision at around 10pm. The court has started hearing at 2 am and it is ended at around  5.30 am. The bench said it would not stop the BS Yeddyurappa oath ceremony today. The bench has formed with three judges. Bench constituted with Justices Ashok Bhushan, SA Bobde and AK Sikri. In the recent Karnataka elections, BJP has emerged as the largest party with 104 seats in the 224-member assembly. The Congress has won 78 seats and the Janata Dal (Secular) 37.

Both Congress and BJP parties have raised their effort to achieve the power. But the governor Vajubhai Vala has invited the Yeddyurappa to form the government in the state. The governor gave Yeddyurappa 15 days to prove his majority. BJP requires eight more seats to get the majority.

Congress has decided to conduct state-wide dharnas at district headquarters and in all the state capitals on May 18 to protest against the governor Vala’s decision to invite Yeddyurappa to prove majority. Congress spokesperson Randeep said that Mr Yeddyurappa would be a Karnataka CM for one day.

Continue Reading

News

Forbes most powerful list: Narendra Modi 9th on the list

Forbes 1

Newyork:

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has just added another achievement to his bag. According to the American business magazine, Forbes Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the 9th most powerful person in the world. For the first time, the Forbes most powerful people list is topped by Chinese President Xi Jinping.  Russian Premier Vladimir Putin second on the list.

F0rbes quoted the Narendra Modi decision of demonetisation of 1000 and 500 n0tes to reduce the corruption and money laundering. Forbes also said in the recent years Modi is raising as a global leader during the visits with U.S. President Donald Trump and Xi Jinping. Forbes said Modi is “remains hugely popular” in the second most populous country on earth.

American business magazine, Forbes has released the 2018  list of 75 of the most powerful persons in the world. Nearly there are 7.5 billion humans have been living on the planet Earth. But these 75 men and women make the world turn. It means Forbes is identified that there is a one most powerful person out of every 100 million people.

US President Donald Trump, who was stood in the second position in the last year’s list now dropped to third place. Modi is ahead of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg 13, United Kingdom Prime Minister Theresa May, 14, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, 15, and Apple CEO Tim Cook (24).

India’s richest person Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has been ranked at the 32nd position with a net worth of 41.2 billion dollars. He sparked a price war in India with the launch of 4G phone service Jio in 2016. Jio has signed on 160 million customers by offering free domestic voice calls, dirt-cheap data services and virtually free smartphones,” Forbes said.

Forbes said there are 17 new names on the list this year. The new names include Mohammad bin Salman. Indian-origin Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella in 40th place.

Continue Reading

Trending