Usually, people shy away from hiring lawyers when they meet with minor accidents. Sometimes, in minor accidents, you exchange information with the other driver and the insurance company for the responsible party does the right thing and resolves the claims fairly.
Other times, there can be a fight over who must pay and the amount that is paid.
Car accidents can be stressful if you are not prepared to deal with the insurance company.
Damage to a vehicle means you may need to contact either your insurance company or the other driver’s insurer.
Negotiating with the insurance officials may present few issues that can best be handled by a car accident attorney.
If you decide to use an attorney to help you with your case, here is some of the information you may need.
Information needed by a lawyer who works on car accidents:
- It is well known fact that some vehicle insurance adjusters will seek out every way to dodge paying the insurance money to cover the damage of the vehicle. You may want to consider an attorney if you have been injured in the accident.
- If the investigating authorities file a crash report the report can be helpful in gaining an understanding of the cause of the accident.
- If you have given a recorded statement to the insurance company, you should recap the narrative to your attorney.
- All medical treatment you have received because of the crash.
- What income if any, have you lost due to injury?
- Any witnesses to the accident should be named.
- All photos of the cars, or the accident site.
The whole matter reviewed and verified by experienced attorney helps a great deal to start the personal injury claim process started. Hiring an experienced attorney in the city where the crash happened can save much stress while giving you the best chance to maximize your compensation.