A CATI – Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing Software is the most useful survey tool if you need to conduct market research and interviews by phone.
CATI software consists in a clever mix of analogical and digital operations that will help you achieve the most accurate answers and collect the most important data from interviewed people.
But why is a CATi module so important in your survey system and how can you use it at full capacity? Here are some useful tips and tricks and some advice to choose the perfect CATI software for your company.
Are Telephone Interviews Still Useful?
Yes, they are. Even if more and more companies use online-only questionnaires, you can benefit from this mixed methodology in a number of ways.
First of all, depending on your target demographics, some people are simply more at ease when talking with someone than filling out an online survey. This goes mostly for aged people and computer-averse individuals who prefer talking in person. Or, in this case, on the phone.
When talking with an expert interviewer, the users will be more honest and open with their answer. This way you will collect the most accurate and real response from your target demographic. Also, being on the phone allows interviewers to conduct the survey in a more flexible way. A good CATI software will help them customize the next question based on previous answers.
Why do you need a CATI software for Computer Assisted Telephone Interviews?
If telephone interviews are so useful, can’t you just call people and collect their answers? Of course you can, but that comes with its own set of problems.
- Interviewers will have a hard time writing down every answer, especially with open-ended questions.
- Written answers can lead to misinterpretations and mistakes.
- Collecting and storing said answers will be a chore for your interviewing staff.
A CATI software removes most of these problems and makes it easier for companies to collect telephone surveys and smartly store data.
What is a CATI Software Exactly?
It’s an easy-to-use, flexible system to conduct telephone surveys with extreme control and cool features that will enhance your power in market research, customer satisfaction surveys and more.
A Computer Assisted Telephone Interview still happens between two human beings talking on the phone, but it’s definitely easier to conduct and collect. Interviewers have a digital support to store and memorize answers and an intuitive way to understand their trends and results. Also, it will be easier for them to ask questions and steer the conversation one way or another based on the previous answer, tone of voice and general attitude of the people they call.
CATI’s Main Features
A good CATI software will be flexible, easy-to-use and intuitive to install. Here are some of the features you’ll want to look for in the perfect tool for your company.
- A good contact list that will allow interviewers to directly call people without wasting time on dialing and waiting on the phone;
- an adaptable template to create the perfect questionnaire for your needs and goals;
- a predictive-dialing system that will automatically transfer calls to the first available agent;
- an intuitive algorithm to help interviewers change questions based on the previous answers;
- a smart time zones management system in order not to waste time calling people at the wrong hour;
- extremely easy and quick keyboard shortcuts to collect answers;
- intuitive dashboard, charts and reports to consult.
When conducting a survey, whatever your main goal, you want to learn something useful from the people you call. So the most important thing in a CATI software is that it should immediately show you results. Your clients’ and prospects’ data should be protected by intruders but also easy to access for you and your staff. This way you can use survey results to change something in your business, collect important market research, understand what people want from your brand and what they think about it at first glance.